Rich, sweet and packed with the chocolate truffle and blackberry-infused flavors of Quady Starboard Batch 88, this port wine chocolate fudge brownies recipe is sure to satisfy even the most intense chocolate cravings. Perfect for the holidays, celebrations, or just because, these decadent brownies will be a new favorite in your household for years to come; don’t forget to serve them with a side of Starboard for a sensational sensory treat! Starboard Batch 88 is an easy drinking port-style wine with ripe fruit and nutty elements that place it somewhere between a ruby and a tawny.
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup Starboard Batch 88
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Butter an 8×8 pan, then line with two sheets of parchment paper. Butter the parchment.
2. Place a stainless steel bowl over a pan of simmering water. Combine the chocolate and butter in the bowl, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the eggs, sugars and vanilla. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and Starboard Batch 88. Gradually add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and stir until the batter is smooth and has thickened slightly. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
2 oz. semisweet chocolate
1 tsp. butter
2 tsp. Quady Starboard Batch 88
pinch of salt
1. Melt the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl set over simmering water until completely melted. Whisk together butter, Quady Starboard Batch 88 and salt, until smooth. Pour the glaze evenly over your warm brownies. Let cool.
You better hurry and grab a few of these port wine chocolate fudge brownies – they won’t last long! (We know from experience.) Sip a glass of Starboard along with them for chocolatey indulgence from start to finish.
Why does Starboard Batch 88 port-style wine make chocolate fudge brownies even better? Decadent with ripe fruit and nutty elements, this easy-drinking wine from Quady is well balanced and just sweet enough. Its concentrated chocolate and raisin flavors give an elegant, velvety finish that lingers on the palette, making it a delightful enhancement to the flavors of chocolates and cheeses in particular.
Looking for more oh-so-sweet chocolate recipes? Try Sarah’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies – that also pair amazingly well with Starboard, and Elysium-Soaked Chocolate-Covered Strawberries – YUM!