1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp raw sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
6 tbsp of salted butter, cut into 1 tbs chunks
2 large eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tbs zest of lemon peel
1/3 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400. Dress a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
3. Cut in the butter pieces with two knives. Cut until the butter is pea-sized.
4. Stir in the blueberries and lemon zest.
5. Whisk together the heavy whipping cream and eggs. Create a cavity in the middle of the dry mixture by pushing the ingredients to the edge of the bowl. Pour in the egg mixture.
6. Stir with a fork until the mixture turns into dough. Place dough on a floured surface and gently knead.
7. Pat dough into a six-inch square. Cut the square on a diagonal, dividing the square into 4 squares. Then cut diagonally to create triangles.
8. Place the triangles on the baking sheet. Brush the triangles with heavy cream and sprinkle them with sugar. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Drizzle with honey. Allow cooling before you serve.
Try these scones paired with Electra Moscato for a tasty brunch pairing.