Sweet, tangy and spicy these fresh Ahi tacos are elevated to a whole new level of yum when paired with Red Electra. With flavors of sweet peaches and tart cherries, Red Electra’s sweet medium body and crisp soda accented finish that completes this vibrant dish.
1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 tsp lime juice
1/8-1/4 tsp wasabi paste, depending on taste
Kiwi Tangerine Salsa:
3-4 kiwis, peeled and diced
4 small or 2 medium tangerines, peeled and diced
1 cup peeled and diced jicama
½ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small jalapeño pepper,
¼ teaspoon salt
Ahi Tuna Tacos
1 tsp olive oil
10 oz ahi tuna, 1 in chunks
2 tsp taco seasoning
4 flour or corn tortillas
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Mango Avocado Salsa:
1. Dice kiwi, tangerines, jicama, red pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro into equal sized pieces.
2. Combine in a small bowl.
1. Season tuna on both sides with taco seasoning.
2. In nonstick pan, heat olive oil until hot. Sear Ahi 1 minute per side or until tuna is cooked on the outside, but rare inside.
3. Place seared tuna on a paper towel lined dish.
4. Cover tortillas with damp paper towel and microwave 30 seconds. Line tortilla with wasabi cream, fill with tuna and top with the kiwi-tangerine salsa. Serve with Quady Red Electra Moscato.