An enticing mix of roasted cauliflower, salty blue cheese, and luscious Elysium makes a pairing, fit for any occasion. With flavors of cherry, strawberry, and boysenberry syrup – Elysium’s perfectly balanced fruit acidity and velvety finish create a delicious experience when paired the pungent, salty and savory, complex notes of blue cheese.
1 large head cauliflower, leaves trimmed
2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon minced scallion greens
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven 450°F.
2. Cut cauliflower into quarters. Remove any extra core from the ends. Keep the quarters intact.
3. Make the blue cheese vinaigrette by combining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, blue cheese, vinegar, water, scallion greens and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Coat cauliflower with blue cheese vinaigrette.
5. Place cut-side down on an oiled baking sheet.
6. Roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes. Turn so the opposite cut sides are down. Continue roasting until tender, 10 more minutes.
7. Drizzle with blue cheese vinaigrette. Serve with Elysium Black Muscat Wine.