Parties and Pairings: Football Cocktail Championships
Tired of the same old football party pairing of wings and beer? Change it up this year with Vya Vermouth inspired “Parties and Pairings: Football Cocktail Championships” recipes: Minty Madera Mule + Vya Extra Dry Shrimp Skewers. Made in California’s San Joaquin Valley from a blend of dry white wine that includes Orange Muscat, Vya Vermouth is carefully hand infused at Quady Winery with a selection of over fifteen dried herbs. This unique blend of grapes gives the vermouth good viscosity and flavor, providing a palate for the herbs. Fantastic in a cocktail or cooking recipe, Vya Vermouth is a complex and enjoyable low alcohol option for this year’s football festivities.
Minty Madera Mule
Fresh and aromatic, Vya Whisper Dry intrigues the senses and wakes up the taste buds. In this pre-batched football party cocktail, Vya Whisper Dry Vermouth’s hand infused herbs: lavender, linden, sage, orris, and angelic, add a soft herbaceous layer to the pallet perking flavors of fresh mint and zesty ginger.
3 cups Vya Whisper Dry Vermouth
¾ cup fresh lime juice
¾ cup ginger-mint simple syrup*
4 cups ginger beer, chilled
Fresh mint, to garnish
1. Combine the Vya Extra Dry, lime juice, and ginger-mint simple syrup in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
2. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Add the ginger beer just before serving.
4. Serve with a ladle over crushed ice. Garnish with a few mint leaves.
Party Tip: For a festive feel, turn your copper mugs into mini footballs in 5 minutes. Create the pattern of the football stitches by cutting white electrical tape strips in half and taping them on the side of your mugs.
*Ginger-mint simple syrup
1. Combine ¾ cup light brown sugar, ¾ cup water, ½ cup peeled and chopped fresh ginger, and 4 sprigs of fresh mint in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a simmer and stir to dissolve sugar.
3. Remove pan from heat and cool completely. Strain out the ginger and mint and refrigerate the syrup in a covered container for up to 2 weeks. Makes ¾ cup.
Vya Shrimp Skewers
Savory, sweet, and salty, theses Vya Extra Dry Vermouth Shrimp Skewers are packed with flavor and super simple to make.
12 wooden skewers
½ cup Vya Extra Dry Vermouth
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup freshly chopped ginger
1 clove garlic, sliced
36 large Shrimp
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Combine Vya Extra Dry Vermouth, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate, 20 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat broiler with rack 5 to 6 inches away from heat.
3. Drain shrimp and skewers; discard marinade. Thread shrimp on skewers and brush with oil, dividing evenly. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. Serve sprinkled with chives.