Rich, sweet and packed with the chocolate truffle and blackberry-infused flavors of Starboard Batch 88 these brownies are sure to satisfy your chocolate craving. Quady Winery Batch 88 is an easy drinking port-style wine with ripe fruit and nutty elements, that place it somewhere between a ruby and a tawny.
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup Starboard Batch 88
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Butter an 8×8 pan, then line with two sheets of parchment paper. Butter the parchment.
2. In a stainless steel bowl, combine the chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water. Stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
3. In a separate, large bowl combine eggs, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and Quady Batch 88. Gradually add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and stir until the batter is smooth and has thickened slightly. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
2 oz. semisweet chocolate
1 tsp. butter
2 tsp. Quady Batch 88
pinch of salt
1. Melt the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl set over simmering water until melted. Whisk together butter, Quady Batch 88 and salt, until smooth. Pour the glaze evenly over your warm brownies. Let cool.