Unique Holiday Recipes using Quady Essensia Wine
Here at Quady Winery, we like to add a little bit of sweetness to every occasion. This year, we’ve come up with some unique and delicious holiday recipes that feature the rich, spicy orange-apricot-pear flavors and aromas of Quady Essensia. The experience of Essensia as an ingredient in your holiday recipes and dishes is unmistakable and sure to elevate your holiday celebration.
Essensia Bourbon Glazed Salmon
Spicy orange and apricot characteristics found in Quady Essensia Orange Muscat Wine add a layer of elegance when combined with a spicy rye whiskey reduction and freshly chopped walnuts to create a juicy flavor-bursting salmon dish.
4 Salmon fillets (with skin)
3/4 Cup Quady Essensia Orange Muscat Wine
3/4 Cup rye whiskey
1 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp fresh OJ
1/3 Chopped walnuts
1 Orange, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine Quady Essensia Orange Muscat Wine, rye, OJ, and maple syrup in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Combine 1 large egg and 3 pinches of salt in a small bowl, to create an egg wash.
4. Thinly brush fish fillets with egg wash.
5. Spoon 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts mixture on to a plate. Gently press the chopped walnut mixture into the skin side of the fish.
6. Brush on reductions. Place one or two orange slices on the top of the fish.
7. Place in oven for 15- 20 minutes (depending on the density of fillet).
If you have fans of tender, sweet holiday yams or sweet potatoes in your family, try them on our Essensia yams holiday recipe. These have delicious flavors of apricot and orange, which only Quady Essensia Orange Muscat Wine can bring, different from the usual sugary sweet potato recipes. The experience of Essensia is unmistakable: rich gold in the glass accompanied by spicy orange-apricot-pear flavors and aromas, balanced with perfect fruit acidity to finish clean, tempting you for one more sip.
4 Medium sweet yams, peeled and sliced into 1-inch squares
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/3 Cup Essensia Orange Muscat Dessert Wine
1/3 Cup Honey
1/3 Cup water
1/2 Tsp salt
3/4 Tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large saucepan, place the sweet yam squares. Cover the yams with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to moderate and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Strain well.
- Arrange the yams in a glass dish. Season with salt and pepper, then dot with the butter pieces.
- Whisk Essensia Orange Muscat Dessert Wine and honey together in a separate dish.
- Drizzle the Essensia honey mixture over the yams.
- Sprinkle the yams with water. Bake for 15 minutes, until they’re tender and lightly browned.
Andrew Quady says: “I know you will enjoy this cake. It is not too sweet and has just the right level of orange character to compliment Essensia.”
1 3/4 Cup sifted flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp salt
3/4 Cup softened butter
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 Tsp almond extract
1 Tbsp grated orange rind
1/2 Cup finely grated blanched almonds
1/3 Cup Essensia Orange Muscat Wine
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch loaf pan. Line bottom with wax paper and butter the paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Add sugar gradually and beat until light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond extract, orange rind, and almonds. On lowest speed, add Essensia; beat until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients, beating just until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until cake tests done with a toothpick. Let rest 10 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a cake rack. Cool completely before slicing.